Charlotte moved to Singapore and opened her studio in 2015, diving into the local scenes with her unique style and sensibilities. A Londoner with 6 years of floral experience behind her, the studio was a way to show how flowers speak to her and allowed her to be creative: adapting the English countryside aesthetics she knew well to setting new trends and tastes in Singapore.
Charlotte sees the fleeting beauty of flowers as an opportunity to continuously be creative and hone her imagination and skills. She built the studio with a wish to celebrate the natural beauty of flowers and foliage, and to be inspired to create by their uniqueness and oddities.
Some tips from Charlotte on flower arrangements:
- Good tools go a long way: scissors are everything
- A colour palette that excites you: one leading lady of flower that resonates is always a good place to start.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with textures and shapes: nature is unexpected, never try to control her.
We take plenty from the ground in the work that we do, so look for ways to make your creations more sustainable:
- Consider tools like chicken wire and floral frogs instead of floral foam: floral foam doesn't biodegrade.
- Use local flowers instead of imported varieties wherever possible.
If you would like to find out more about flower arrangements and create your own bouquet, join us at our CNY Floral & Sustainability Workshop happening on the 29th January 2022, 11:00 am, at Level 3.